Wednesday: 12/2/09 and we have 11 people show up. Big number again! Pam came back along with another newbie Melissa and the return of Cheryl. Maybe not the best time to start or return to JONESERCISE because tonight we are doing a bunch of burpees. Burpees…well they aren’t fun and never will be. We all hate them but they work!
Easy warm up of a 100 yard jog, 25 yards of long lunges and 25 yards of short lunges.
Next: 11 exercises, maximum amount of reps in 30 seconds. 2 cycles. The kicker is having to do 5 burpees between each exercise. Sure 5 burpees doesn’t sound like much. And 5 burpees just by themselves isn’t but hey they certainly do add up.
- BB Curls – 5 Burpees
- Pull ups – 5 Burpees
- Tricep gold tband – 5 Burpees
- DB incline press – 5 Burpees
- Ab pullins on Slide Board – 5 Burpees
- Plate Raises – 5 Burpees
- Cross touch Push up – 5 Burpees
- “T”: Supine Foot to Hand – 5 Burpees
- Bag Pull Throughs – 5 Burpees
- Windshield Wipers – 5 Burpees
- Side steps on riser – 5 Burpees
Next: Shoulder Burns: 20 movements. 30 seconds each. Maximum reps.
- Military Press
- Small circles forward
- Small circles backward
- Pinches up
- Pinches down
- Shoulder Abduction
- Wrist curls up
- Wrist curls down
- Wrist curls sideways
- External/Internal rotation
- Bent elbows front
- Bent elbows overhead
- Straight arm front palms down Swinging sideways
- Straight arm front palms up Swinging sideways
- Straight arm front palms down up and down
- Straight arm front palms up – up and down
- Push aways
- Shoulder “Ys”
- Shoulder “Ts”
- Clap overhead
Immediately followed by 20 regular pushups…then 20 pushups with a pause on the bottom.
3 of us used “light weights”…2.5lb to 4 lb dumbbells…really fired up the shoulders!
50 Leg Raises
25 Side Plank Raises with a pause
50 Seated Lemon Squeezers
50 Seated Flutter kicks
50 Seated Hip ADD/ABD
50 Seated Leg Raises
Table 1 minute hold
Plank 1 minute hold
3 Leg Table 30 second hold each side
1 Leg Plank 30 second hold each side
The shoulder burn part of the video is sped up…funny little app.