As I was writing it out I was becoming more and more intimidated by my own words. Obviously such intimidation must be vanquished so we launched into it like any other workout.
T-shirt by: TapouT and I did want to tap!
- Inchworms for 25 Yards
- High Straight Kicks
- Short Quick Lunge Hops 3 x 5
- Short High Lunge Hops 3 x 5
We primarily do 2 types of lunges. A short lunge is getting the back knee to the front foot heel. You don’t get very far very quick. The other is the long lunge where you lunge out as far as you can.
This workout is based on these two simple lunges and then we put an intense twist to them…you carry a 45 or 25 pound plate in various positions. Not for the squeamish.
Lunge Circuit 1: All done for 25 yards each.
- Plate Overhead Long lunges Forward
- Plate Overhead Long lunges Backward
- Plate Overhead Short lunges Forward
- Plate Overhead Short lunges Backward
Lunge Circuit 2: All done for 25 yards each.
- Plate Twist long lunges forward
- Plate Twist long lunges backward
- Plate Twist short lunges forward
- Plate Twist short lunges backward
Lunge Circuit 3: All done for 25 yards each.
- Plate Behind head Long Lunges Forward
- Plate Behind head Long Lunges Backward
- Plate Behind head Short Lunges Forward
- Plate Behind head short Lunges Backward
Lunge Circuit 4: All done for 25 yards each.
- Plate Hugging Long lunges forward
- Plate Hugging Long lunges backward
- Plate Hugging short lunges forward
- Plate Hugging short lunges backward
Lunge Circuit 5: All done for 25 yards each. No plate just bodyweight. Consider this a finisher!
- Bodyweight Long lunges forward
- Bodyweight Long lunges backward
- Bodyweight Short lunges forward
- Bodyweight Short lunges backward
Core: We really didn’t need to do anything here as the core got his hard during all of this. But we did it anyway!
- Crunches 50
- Leg Raises 50
- Alternate Foot to Hand 25 on each side
- Side Crunch variation 25 on each side
- Reverse Crunch 25
- Knees to Elbows 25
- Lemon Squeezers 25
- Seated Leg Raises 25
So where am I feeling it so far? Everywhere!!!