It’s been a little while since we have done an all body-weight workout.
After the last workout it just felt natural to get back to the basics.
Just being able to handle our own body weight.
Sure not very glamorous, not very sexy but very very intense…and that is the way we like it!
We don’t follow any rules. We create our own.
If it is hard we’ll repeat it. If it is too easy…well we might record it but you won’t see it again. Easy has no place with what we are doing. Just doesn’t fit.
Warm Up: Toe Hops for 2 minutes. Had to do something while we were waiting for everyone to show up. They do burn.
Next: Push Up cycle. We did 12 push up variations. 10 reps each. We have done over 20 variations of push ups. I had never seen the first 2 we did this evening until I saw them on Joe Hasheys’ site: Synergy Athletics.
- Push ups, palms hit thighs
- Push ups, palms hit chest
- Clapping Push ups
- Fists under chest
- Shoulder to opposite arm
- One legged Walkout push up
- Push up one leg straight
- Push up bent knee
- Push up uneven hand position
Next: Decided to give the upper body a chance to recover and beat up on the legs.
Long Lunges in place 50 reps each leg
Short Lunges in place 50 reps each leg
Next: Body Weight Circuit. 12 Exercises, 30 seconds at each station, max reps. Only had time for 1 cycle of this one.
- Push Ups
- Lateral Monkey Bar
- Step Ups
- Bench Dips
- Wall Sit Leg Raises
- Supine Foot to Hand
- Prone Foot to Hand
- Side plank For Reps
- Upside Down Push Ups
- Parallete Push Ups
- Short Lunge Holds
- Reach backs 15 on each side.
- Bridge on heels and hold for 1 min.
- Bridge one leg up – 30 seconds on each side.
- Plank – 1 minute
- Side plank on forearms 15 reps on each side.
- Alternate hand to foot 25 on each side.
- Up the middle crunches 50.
- Side plank on Hands 15 on each side.
- Lemon Squeezers 25 reps.
- Seated Leg Raises 50 reps.
And the video: