I thought “The 12 Days of Fitness” would be kind of a cool theme.
It just looked too easy on paper. What the heck. We could try it. If it was too easy we could always add some burpees!
It wasn’t easy.
It started up “slowly”…like a warm up.
Then it ramped up with vigor and ended up being a workout worth repeating!
Just not anytime soon…
The workout is based on the Christmas carol “The 12 Days of Christmas”.
When making the workout I wasn’t too concerned with what the exercises were but only that the syllables were close enough just in case someone wanted to sing it out loud.
So here we go!
- On the first Day of Christmas my true love gave to me a Suicide Going Backwards And Forwards.
- On the second Day of Christmas my true love gave to me Two Wide Pushups and a Suicide Going Backwards And Forwards.
- On the third Day of Christmas my true love gave to me Three Burpees, Two Wide Pushups and a Suicide Going Backwards and Forwards.
And You get the picture…12 Suicide Drills along with a lot of other body breaking stuff! And yes we did the work out just like the song.
The reps kept adding up while the sweat kept pouring off!
Fast Forward and here is the rest of the story (workout).
- Twelve Parallel Squat Jumps
- Eleven Walkout Pushups
- Ten Knees To Elbows
- Nine Cobra Pushups
- Eight Mountain Climbers
- Seven Ground Up Pushups
- Six One Leg Bridges
- Five Diamond Pushups
- Four Leg Raises
- Three Burpees
- Two Wide Pushups
- And A Suicide Going Backwards And Forwards!
The 12 Days of Fitness got us 449 reps of stimulating stuff!
More: We had a little more time left so we needed a filler.
- Squats 100
Core/Abs with Medicine Balls:
- Sit up and side to side, 5 reps and pass the ball to the right
- Seated Leg Raises with ball overhead, 10 reps and pass the ball to the right
And the Video: